Monday 2 April 2012

The Weekend Report

There is nothing like a wonderful weekend to rejuvenate your spirits!

On Friday night, I saw the Hunger Games with some of my besties.  All I can say is, WOW!!  I am usually one of those people who hates movie adaptations because they never seem to capture the "feel" of a book or choose actors that fit my vision of the characters, but the Hunger Games did it!  Every detail was perfect; the sets, the costumes, and the actors! I LOVED that movie!  Oh, and the best part was having my boys greet me at the door, when I returned, with HUGE hugs exclaiming: "Don't ever leave again, that felt way too long!".  Awwww . . . . I LOVE those boys!

On Saturday morning, as Mr. Level-Headed left for his final exam for the CMA course he has been taking ALL year long, Shenanigans Inc. was bombarded by early April Fool's Day pranks. It seems a certain Wee Webster with long brown hair and a ginormous brain, set her alarm clock for 5am and got to work. 

There was a Saran-Wrapped toilet:


We are blaming Scouty for the failure of this prank because the once tight and almost invisible Saran Wrap job was now wrinkled and messed up due to his daily visits to his favourite watering hole . . . dogs are so gross!


And there were lots of frozen undies!

To which the boys simply scoffed and laughed because EVERYONE knows they don't change their underwear everyday . . . boys are so gross!

And the big question on everyone's mind is: how did the boys prank Zoe? Well, they didn't.  Nope, they accidentally got their mama instead.  It seems the boys thought it would be HILARIOUS if they sprayed Jiffy Lube on the car door handle because Zoe would slip right off and embarrass herself; however, what my  boys failed to realise is that Zoe does not drive yet and so spraying the DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR would only embarrass their mama . . . tee hee!  Thank heavens they are handsome! 

Throw in a turkey dinner, THREE games of The Settlers of Catan (we are so hooked!), a sunny Sunday afternoon walk, and some conference talks from the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and you have got one truly wonderful, rejuvenating weekend!

All I can say is: Bring on the Week Ahead!  I'm ready for it!








No comments:

Post a Comment