Tuesday 5 February 2013

A Haven for Homebodies

I know, I know . . . I'm a little late on my "Weekend In a Nutshell" post, but what better way to start a Tuesday than to reminisce about those glorious two days we all call the weekend . . . ahhhhhhhhhh!

Shall we?


This past weekend was a whole lot more of the same: we watched some movies, ate some goodies, played some games, snuggled on the couch, and got creative.  My family loves our winter hibernation!  It is cosy, it is fun, and it is very yummy.  In fact, Mr. Level-Headed and I even decided to have a date-night-in on Friday.  We banished the kids to the basement with some bowls of chips and a movie, and we curled up on the couch to watch two episodes of Mad Men.  Even though we were frequently visited by the puppy and the wee-est Webster, both of whom never like to feel left out, we managed to chat about our week and enjoy just being together.  It was awesome! (Except for the fact that Draper totally ticked me off once again . . . grrr! That boy and I seem to have a love-hate relationship.)

Yes,  Shenanigans Inc. is the ultimate refuge for us homebodies at heart!  Our weeks may be jam-packed with soccer, school and other nonsense, but it so nice to know that at the end of our hectic five days, we can look forward to lots of laughs, lots of snuggles, and lots of time spent together.  Gosh darn it, I love my family!  (Even though, thanks to the School of Rock, which we watched on Friday night, all I hear is: you're tacky, and I hate you! . . . tee hee!)

Only 4 more days to get through, and we can do it all again!  Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Ha,ha! I couldn't resist. Thanks for pointing out the Reactions section, Kris. Ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much joy this will bring Zoe! :)

      Delete
  2. I am, of course, kidding. You should add another reaction: Awesomeness, to the infinity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hil! I will get my techy on it (Zoe). :)

      Delete