Friday 22 February 2013

Elliot, Elliot, Elliot

It's FRIDAY!

I can't believe it is finally here.  I never thought I would survive this week, but low and behold, here I am.  This weekend, I am resting. We have a pizza party planned with the Skov's but other than that, there is nothing on the agenda. Soccer was cancelled, which means we can spend our entire Saturday in our jammies, being sloth-like, and this is exactly what my body needs right now. You see, I am currently in Operation-No-Pneumonia mode, a battle I fight and lose every winter, but not this year.  Oh, no, NOT this year. In fact, I woke up this morning with barely a cough, and I can take a nice, long, deep breath without feeling any pinches in my lungs. Hooray!  What did I tell ya?  2013 is going to be my year.

If you are on my Facebook feed, then you heard the bad news. Yes, my fridge died.  My practically brand-new, no longer under warranty, refrigerator no longer refrigerates. Ugh!  But, I am going to save my rant about this disgustingly disposable society we live in for another day. It's Friday! Fridays need to be light and fluffy. Only fun stuff must be shared on Friday. So, here it is: the most ridiculous thing I heard yesterday, and of course, it came from none other than one of my boys.  Honestly, they are absolutely foolish, and I love them all the more because of it.

Let me set it up for you.  Soccer had just begun and I was sitting on the bench in the hallway listening to all the conversations going on around me.  My friend Sheri had just dropped her daughter off, took one look at me and said:

I'm driving the boys home.  You look like you need to sleep.

I started to politely brush her offer off, but I didn't even have it in me to fight.

Thanks, Sheri!

I went home, put my jammies on and got into bed. It was exactly what I needed. Eventually Mr. Level-Headed and Baby Girl came home from volleyball practice with our big grocery order for the week. Since our new fridge is supposed to show up sometime today, we decided to just go ahead and get the groceries anyway and put the food in a cooler.

After everything was put away, Sheri pulled up with the boys.  Elliot came in and saw the cooler sitting on the kitchen floor. He immediately ran over to it and shouted:

Awesome!  Is this our new fridge?

We all stopped and looked at him.

Nope.  That's the cooler.

He looked at it again, shrugged and laughed:

Awesome!  We're taking it old school now!

 . . . tee hee!

He then spent the remainder of the evening making plans for when we go broke and have to live in a tent, which Elliot sees as inevitable because, according to him, his mom is too lazy to get a real job and his dad is, and I quote, "a washed-up businessman".  

. . . tee hee!

What a kid!  I wish I could crawl into his brain and spend just one day seeing the world through his eyes.  I am sure it would be completely nonsensical and yet, completely wonderful at the same time.  Come to think of it, though, perhaps I do live in that very same world, and I must say, the view isn't too bad from here.



Happy Friday everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment