Monday 13 May 2013

A Post Mother's Day Post

I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day. I had the best Mother's Day weekend ever. It started out on Friday night, when Mr. Level-Headed and I went on our first date in a long time. We went to WordSpring 2013 put on by the Writer's Federation of New Brunswick because our long-time friend, Jerrod Edson, was one of the eleven authors that evening who were launching their latest books. Jerrod read from his manuscript "The Moon is Real"**, which has not been published yet, but won the David Adams Richards Prize this weekend. I am so proud of him, and I cannot wait to read his latest book.

After the reading, Jerrod headed to the Bourbon Quarter to meet up with another long-time friend of ours, but this tired, prego mama needed to get home. Mr. Level-Headed and I bowed out, picked up two DQ smoothies, and headed home. Wild times . . . tee hee!


Then, I woke up Saturday morning feeling too ill to do anything, but Mr. Level-Headed swooped in, as usual, cleaned up the house and took the boys out for the day so that I could sleep and relax. Baby Girl was at her last volleyball tournament of the year, which meant I had the entire house to myself. I slept, I read,  and I munched on popcorn. Another wild time . . . tee hee!


On Sunday, I woke up feeling much better and was spoiled with breakfast from my hubby and cards and gifts from the kids. Avery made me a bookmark, which I have lost (eeeek . . .  terrible mama!) and he wrote me a piano song, which he played for me while I ate my breakfast:


Elliot made me a bracelet:


Zoe made me this adorable keepsake with the most touching note written on the back:


And Thing 4 reassured me that everything is still going well with a couple bouts of nausea and some terrible heartburn.

I have the best kids!!

After church, where I got to fill in for a friend of mine and teach her four-year old class, which was a total blast because all we did was play with play-doh and eat crackers (eeeek! . . . terrible Sunday school teacher), the fam and I visited Mr. Level-Headed's mom and then had dinner at my mom's. It was the perfect day, and last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, I could not help but feel grateful for all the amazing people in my life. Truly, I am one lucky girl.

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

**I must mention that I have to apologise to my dear, Mr. Level-Headed because I forgot what the title of Jerrod's book was last night and when he suggested it was "The Moon is Real", I scoffed and told him he was wrong. So, here it is:

I was wrong, and Mr. Level-Headed was right! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment