Monday 27 May 2013

One Wet, Blustery Weekend

I think it is fair to say that we have had our fair share of rain, and that it is time for us to welcome back the sunshine . . . sheesh! There is only so much a person can take. In spite of all the rain, though, we still managed to enjoy our weekend. We kicked things off with a Harry Potter movie marathon, the menfolk put up Thing 4's crib, we ate copious amounts of these yummy muffins, we napped, the boys built Lego, Baby Girl worked on a project, and finally, I was given the movie star treatment. All in all, I think it was a pretty good weekend.

The wind and rain made for a pretty scary ferry ride on Friday afternoon.


The pooch was CONSTANTLY wet and therefore, very stinky! Have I told you lately how much I adore my puppy when I am pregnant?  Sorry Scout!


The Menfolk taking a break in their work so as not to miss the captivating and sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat thrilling Jimmy Neutron . . . tee hee! 


Thing 4's crib all set up in our room. It is still up in the air how much Thing 4 will actually sleep in this contraption, but the joy it brings me every time I walk by it is worth all the inconvenience of how cramped it makes our bedroom.


I couldn't stand the look of the crib being empty so I dug out Avery's old baby blanket, my favourite doll growing up, Laura, and Zoe's baby doll, Nameless (Baby Girl wasn't into dolls so much)


These are our new favourite treat, Applesauce Oatmeal muffins. They are simple to make gluten-free (just substitute flour for gf flour and add some xanthum gum), and once you add some chocolate chips, they are heavenly!



It took him two days, but Avery built this coliseum for Lego City.


An aerial view of the seating arrangements and the Orc battle.


The Emperor's box. I have to add that Avery is over-the-moon pleased his latest creation, and I have to admit, it is very impressive. He thought of everything!


And finally, my favourite part of our wet, blustery weekend was my spa treatment. I don't even know how this came to be, but the pampering went on for an hour and it was awesome! Zoe painted my toenails, Avery massaged my hands and then later painted my fingernails, and Elliot brushed and blew dry my hair (even though it was already dry).



This kid is a riot! Here he is blowing on my toes to make them dry faster.






And that's how we not only survived, but enjoyed, a very wet, blustery weekend with five Websters, a Skov, and a wet, stinky dog all couped up in a tiny blue house for two days . . . eeek! Miracles do happen . . . tee hee!

Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment